What is mentoring?
Mentoring, like all relationships, is a process, not an accomplishment. It is something you do, not something you give or get. Mentoring is based on close cooperation, fostering mutually beneficial partnership between a mentor and mentee. This is exactly what lies at the heart of EntryPoint – a cross-cultural mentoring program, successfully organized by Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce since 2016.
What is EntryPoint all about?
- Offers a “two-way” opportunity (for both parties) to learn, grow and share experiences over a 5 or 6-month period,
- Brought together already 113 mentors and 113 mentees,
- Run completely in English,
- Has no obligation for mentors to recruit mentees,
- “It will blow your mind off – be prepared!”, “Mentoring is a key word for the future.” (Mentors),
- “One of the best decisions I have made for my professional life!”, “Do not think that it will be a boring official place.” (Mentees).
Who can participate?
EntryPoint mentors are professionals from business to academia fields with 3+ years of relevant experience from the Finnish working life. They are willing to provide guidance and support to international talents living in Finland and help the latter succeed.
Read more: Become mentor »
EntryPoint mentees are talented expats residing specifically in the Helsinki Metropolitan area (i.e., international degree students, recent graduates from higher education institutions, or anyone who has graduated with a higher education degree somewhere else and moved to Finland).
Read more: Become mentee »
How does it work?
Diversity plays a crucial role in defining the EntryPoint activities. Everyone is encouraged to acknowledge and appreciate each other’s cultural differences along with professional and educational background.
Usually one EntryPoint round lasts 5-6 months and includes:
- 5 pair meetings (between a mentor and mentee),
- 4 collective thematic group meetings (orientation, kick-off, midterm, and wrap up),
- optional thematic group meetings (company visits, interactive workshops, etc.).
The program has been built on 3-dimensional model to better answer to mentors’ and mentee’s needs:
- Collective meetings offer our participants a chance to meet all other mentors and mentees within the same program round.
- 1-on-1 meetings focus on building a partnership between a mentor and mentee.
- Multiple company visits and thematic group meetings inspire further development and learning experience for all participants.
Interested? Apply now!
Next round of EntryPoint commences in mid-January 2020 and ends in mid-June 2020.
The registration for EntryPoint started on 3 October 2019 and ends on 1 December 2019. To ensure the best possible match for your pairing, please fill in the registration form as thoroughly as possible
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Here’s to getting inspired and inspiring others!
Talent Expert, Chamber Talent Boost project
+358 40 675 38 52